It's Not Magic, It's Science!
Simple rock salt has long been the mainstay for snow and ice control. However, it has its limitations. Rock
salt loses effectiveness around 15°F, speeds up corrosion, and the chlorides have negative impacts on the environment.
Through modern science, we have developed liquid solutions to infuse each LiquiThaw crystal with additional
ingredients, both to increase effectiveness and to reduce negative impacts. Magnesium chloride accelerates
the melting process and lowers the effective melting point to -15°F. A corrosion inhibitor helps fight against
rust, while another ingredient helps prevent black ice formation. A color coating makes LiquiThaw Crystals
visible against snow and ice, so users can clearly see where it has been spread, and it also alerts passersby
that an ice melter is in use. Finally, since LiquiThaw Crystals are so much more effective than plain rock
salt, you can use less with better results. When used as directed, LiquiThaw Crystals are safer for concrete,
safer for vegetation and the environment, and safer for pets.
Some ice melt products claim to work like magic. LiquiThaw Crystals work through applied science!
- Each crystal is treated with liquid magnesium chloride for fast acting ice control.
- More effective than rock salt means you can use less product with fewer applications. It's friendlier to your pocketbook and to the environment.
- Safer than rock salt for concrete, vegetation and pets when used as directed.
- Corrosion inhibitor to reduce damage to metal surfaces.
- Effectively melts snow and ice down to -15°F.
Click here to view the material safety data sheet for this product in PDF format.